May 26, 2005

My First Camping Trip

Last weekend I took a rare days holiday from work and Martin and I scootered our way into the mountains. We went camping at a little aboriginal campsite in the middle of Taiwan (about a 2 1/2 hour drive from home). It was absolutely gorgeous there - no sounds of traffic or lights or anything Taiwanesey!!! I just enjoyed myself getting sunburnt, reading my book and swimming in the little man-made pool.

We were, unfortunately, interupted on Saturday night by a large group of Taiwanese people from Taipei - who had even brought along their kareoke equipment to really ruin the mood of the night!!! But it ended up being quite a fun evening as Martin and I were roped in to join them in learning an aboriginal dance or two, and even making wishes on sky lanterns and letting them go into the night. Very cool.

(That night, we were also visited by a rather dangerous and highly poisonous snake while we were attempting to braai our chicken... thank goodness for me Martin got too close and scared it away!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

people have visited this site since April 2005