May 13, 2006

Baseball!!

A few weekends ago, Martin surprised me with a trip to a baseball game for our anniversary. I'd never seen a real game before and so I was super excited!!
We drove to Douliou, where they have a brand new baseball stadium - very fancy it was indeed! We watched The Elephants (Douliou's local team) play The Whales, and joined in enthusiastically with all the cheering, yelling and yellow-plastic banging things! I didn't really have any clue as to how the game went, so every now and again I found myself cheering for what I thought was a really good hit by our team... only to be given sideways glances and disapproving looks from the hard-core Elephants fans!!! Oops. Luckily I did eventually get the gist of it all!

After the baseball, we drove around Douliou for a while looking for somewhere to forage... and lo and behold... we found Somewhere Beer...

All in all, I had a wonderful evening with Martin - what a lucky girl I am :)


And they're off... The Elephants vs. The Whales!!


I try out my hand at banging the yellow things... and I like it!


My hero of the hour... Man of the match... No. 23!!


This cheerleading lady kept us going through all the innings!!


We're excited!


The pitch through the wire.


Snacks keep us going and I feel like a child all over again... yummy HOOLA HOOPS!!!


This is the gang of cheerleaders that were just amazing!


The yellow blur is burning my eyes!!


Don't I look superimposed?


The triumphant team says thanks to the cheering crowds!!


And there it is: Douliou Baseball Stadium


Lovely name for a bar...

4 Comments:

At 2:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

 
At 3:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

 
At 1:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

 
At 1:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

people have visited this site since April 2005