March 03, 2006

Tung-hsiau Ocean Park

A few weeks ago Martin and I found ourselves on a fairly warm Sunday afternoon with nothing to do... so we randomly picked a spot just north of Taichung to visit for the day. It turned out to be quite an adventure at the Tung-hsiau Ocean Park - we saw lots of different kinds of fish and other aquatic beings, drove around on a funky pedal-car thing, took a stroll on the beach and made friends with the farm yard animals. Lovely.

Me on the beach.


Me and Martin.


Big pollution poles that have been decorated with some funky sea-life pictures.


Martin should never have let me take control of the steering wheel...


Signs are not always this obvious in Taiwan.


My turtle friend.


The two headed goat is quite an attraction here...

2 Comments:

At 11:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos! I dont know you, but I know almost everyone in your pics. My name is Dave (Scouse) and I was teaching at Yuan-Lin and Chang-Hua on and off from 2001-2004. I was ferretting about on the internet cos I couldnt remember the address of Linda's school and I have to justify my life to the taxman. Came across this and it has made my day. Top marks to you!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 11:35 am, Blogger Kate Harding said...

Hey Dave!
Thanks for the comments... great to have people enjoy my blog! Yeah lots of us are still here in Yuanlin/Changhua. Rich, Monica, Tom, Grainne, Jez and Dan have all left now but we still see Stu, Simon, James and some others :) Martin and I are leaving in June to travel around China , and then we're back in the UK to find jobs etc...
Did you find Linda's School address???
Cheers, Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

people have visited this site since April 2005