May 23, 2006

Fun weekend...

Last weekend was fun!! Friday night began with a little munching at the bbq bar with the Shane School gang - Sam, Duncan, Pascal and Martin. Of course Katie and I were there representing Hess (the superior school!). On the way there Katie and I were driving along on my bike when suddenly our eyes were shocked by a bright red fire in front of us!!! Not only a fire though... it seemed as if we'd driven near a KKK reunion on Yuanlin...



Luckily, we discovered later that it was merely a memorial service for someone (although I've never seen such a huge bonfire for that before!) and that in Taiwan they always wear white to a funeral.

After the bbq bar, we all headed to Changhua for a few drinks. Pascal recently bought himself a nifty little van, so we all hitched a ride with him instead of driving there on the bikes. Such fun!!! We headed to 'The Culture Club' and enjoyed an evening of chatting and listening to Andy play.

Stu looks like he's really enjoying this song!


Rachel and Duncan.


Pascal proudly driving his new van.


"Oh for a soft bed and not the hard floor in the back of this van"


Not sure what's happening here... I think Martin is trying to pick Katie's nose!


Lurking about not ready for bed yet...


After Friday night's evening out we decided that nothing would be better than a good meal and a movie... so off to Taichung we went. Martin, Sam, Duncan and I went to watch "The DaVinci Code" and eat yummy burgers. We also went to Nova (a big technical/computery store in Taichung) to help Sam buy a new laptop. While we were there I managed to find the exact digital camera I want to buy before I leave for China. Yay! It's the same model as the one I have now but the new fancy wonderful version. My lucky Dad gets my old one :)

On Sunday morning we got up early (again) and went hiking (again). But this time we were much more prepared!! Our friends Ross and Rea (from Changhua) came with us, as well as dear old Katie. We went to the same place as we did last weekend, but this time we brought sandwiches and crisps for a picnic on top of the mountain. What a fun day it was! Katie has just bought a new scooter and did a wonderful job of driving all around the local area without having any sort of whooopsie. The day was humid and hot but the hike was fun.

Group shot mid-way up the mountain.


Me and Martin.


Playing with colors...


The scary rope-holding part of the hike... so much easier going up!!!


Girls resting on park bench at the top!


Ross impressed us all with his manly moves on all the climbing equipment there was up there. (We came to the conclusion that Rea really did marry a monkey!!)


Pretty pink flower.


Me and Katie - full and happy after some good cheese and tomato sarmies.


On the way home we took the route through Nantou County, which is so beautiful - lots of tea fields (the smell as you drive past is incredible!), pineapple plantations and other things to see.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 pm, Blogger Catherine said...

That was blogarific!!! I love some of the pictures you have on the blog... you must give me a CD of all of them before you leave. :( I don't want to talk about that. Sadness. Okay, I'm going to go and eat some kimchi to cover up the fact that I am crying inside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

people have visited this site since April 2005