June 16, 2006

Saying goodbye to students!

Ok so I left work at the end of May and now it's nearly the end of June, but I have finally got all my pictures of my students organized. For most of you these pictures will mean nothing, but I'm mainly writing this so that one day I can look back and see these pictures and laugh.

I already miss some of them so much, I've been back to school a few times and had students trying to physically drag me to the classrooms to teach them... it's nice to be appreciated!!

MONDAY:

5pm - 6:50pm H2/K4 with Mei.

I taught H2 class for one year - such lovely students (5-9 years old)... some super wild ones who like to climb on desks, under desks, on other students - all while I'm trying to teach!!! Recipe for crazy class!
Jason, Hank, Jim, Simon, Wakey, Oliver, Leo, Gary, Ray, Derek.
Helen, Julia Pong, Julia Wu, Lilian.

My farewell on the white board.




6:55pm - 8:45pm F4/FEN post-graduate class.

I taught F4 since Dec 2004 when Lorraine had to take another class, so this one was given to me. Lovely students, starting out with a huge PG class until now, with only 6 students.

Jessy, Julia, Jane, Tony, me and Emily


Miki, me and Emily.


TUESDAY:

5pm - 6:50pm P5/N12 with Angie.

P5 is one of my absolute favorite classes, I taught them since I arrived in Taiwan and we have so much fun together when I'm teaching. A wonderful set of students who try hard and really enjoy learning.
Louis, Hank, Aesop, Kevin, Jacky, Dennis, Eric Kuo, Eric Huang, Andy, Alan, Jason.
Angel, Jenny Wang, Jenny Li, Peggy, Molly, Kiki, Irene.

Pretending to 'study' so I could take a picture.


All the crazy kids.


Me and Jenny with Molly and Jacky in the background.


Dennis is my new boyfriend!


Me and Louis. (Louis' father helped Martin and I move to our new apartment)


6:55pm - 8:45pm E11/N9 with Emily.

Another class that I taught for my entire time at Hess, wonderful students and lots of fun! Many came from high level K classes that I taught.
Benson, Mike, Andy, Peter, Jeff, Tommy, George, Stanley, Wayne, Joe, Frank.
Barbie, Iris, Jennifer, Lily, Joy Wu, Joy Lai, Joanna.

Here we are!


I will miss Emily so much!


Mike and I.


Barbie, Iris and I with one of the presents I got from Barbie.


WEDNESDAY:

1:30pm - 3:20pm I2/N4 with Angie.

I taught this class for almost a year with Angie as my CT. Nice class but with some bad eggs that have been hard to deal with :)
Alice, Sandra, Fan, May, Peggy, Sara, Tiffany,
Daniel, Jerry, Aries, Henry, Benjie, Neill, Issac, Simon, Shawn, Nick, David,



3:30pm - 5:20pm C9/N10 with Daisy.

Another favorite of mine... Daisy and I started the class together when I was a new teacher and she a new CT. We've both loved teaching them for over 2 years and just laugh and laugh with them.
Mary, Tina, Grace, Angela, Annie, Salena.
Eric, Iverson, Henny, Alan, Allen, Ben, Luke, Thomas, Jason, Peter.

Here's Eric and Iverson pretending to cry on my last day with them!


All of us.


6pm - 7:50pm D2/N2 with Emily.

My newest class, only taught them for about 5 months when I left but I loved them! Emily and I have such fun teaching together - we just gel. We both have the same sense of humour with the kids and love teasing them.
Shenny, Judy, Polly, Cindy, Lucy, Amy, Eva, Sandy, Kiki, Jessy,
Benson, Vincent, Jackson, Leo, Steven, Allen, Peter, Toby, Jimmy, Oscar, Luke.

Emily with D2


Me with D2


Polly, Shenny, Judy, Lucy and Cindy staying after class to hug me and say "don't go"!


THURSDAY:

5pm - 6:50pm O4/N3 with Sophia.

Such a big and wild class this one - didn't manage to get any pictures as I was at home nursing my wisdom tooth face when I should have been teaching them.
Michael Chu, Sam, Willson, Hugo, Steven, Martin, Well, Kevin, Jackey, Andy, Ray, Aaron,
Daisy, Amy, Ruby, Mia, Nancy, Lily, Melissa, Evon, Emma, Tina.

6:55pm - 8:45pm F1/N4 with Emily.

My top number one most fun-loving class this one. Emily and I just love them... they are only in N4, which is a low level, they've only studied English for a year, but they are amazing. They never speak Chinese in class and are hilarious when talking to each other because they use any English word they know to get their point across.
Ryan, Brian, Nick, Sam, Tony, Frank, Vito, Victor, Allen, Glen, Alex, Daniel, Tim
Wendy, Winnie, Amy, Jenny, Heidi, Vivian, Sally, Emma, Julia

Me with F1 class


In the class.


Ryan being crazy showing off. (You can see Jeff and Peter from my E11 class in the background)


Emily and her new boyfriend Ryan


Me and Winnie


Ryan with my message!


FRIDAY:

6:55pm - 8:45pm E10/N13 with Anne.

My last class of the week - the only other one that I've taught since arriving in Taiwan. Lovely students, just quiet with any other teacher but me! When they started N13 (a pretty high level) Anne and I changed their seating pattern, so now we sit in a square all facing each other.

Johnny, Michelle, Alex and Jeff.


May, Zack and Jenny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

people have visited this site since April 2005